What documents/info is needed for your Tax Preparation Appointment?
Below is a list of documents one would typically have to bring with them to a tax preparation appointment. Not all of the below items will apply to every client. Concern yourself with only the items which are applicable to your unique financial situation.
- Filled out Tax Organizer (either E-Organizer or Paper Organizer) furnished by RD’s Tax.
- Copy of most recent tax returns (applies to New Tax Clients ONLY)
- Filled out Tax Questionnaire – this applies to ALL clients
- W-2 Forms
- All 1099s
- Stock Option Exercise Reports
- Year-End Brokerage Account Summaries/Statements
- All K-1s
- All 1098s – Mortgage Interest Statements
- Closing Statements for new Real Estate Transactions
- Any/All Correspondence from the IRS
- Any other supporting documents pertaining to your return
What documents/info is needed for your Tax Planning Appointment?
Below is a small list of items that you would need to bring with you to a Tax Planning Appointment. Again, not all of these items will apply to every client. Tax Planning appointments are typically scheduled after Tax Season (after April 15th).
- Year-to-Date pay stub
- Copy of recent tax returns (New Clients ONLY)
- List of questions that you have about your financial situation and related documentation
- Stock Option reports
- Any relevant information pertaining to changes from previous years