So you have scheduled your tax appointment with us…welcome! We are thrilled to work with you!
Well – here’s a guide on how we work and what to expect while working with us. If you have any questions at any time, you are always welcome to give us a call or email our reception desk for assistance. We will do our best to make this process as easy as possible.
Gathering your information:
- What will you need available for your appointment? Visit our Documents/Info needed page for a general list of what will be needed.
- Other proprietary tools are available in our Client Center, including .pdf versions of our forms if you elect to not use our encrypted online Client Portal.
Getting your information to us:
- All documents (or as much information as you have available) must be submitted to us no later than one week before your appointment.
- We will send you an invite to open your encrypted Client Portal on TaxDome.
- There you will be able to fill out our Questionnaire, and submit your documents directly to us.
- You can call our office if you don’t have an account set up yet.
- You can also mail copies of your documents directly to our office.
- You are welcome to drop your documents off at our office. For more information, please see our Safety Protocols
Time for your appointment!
- We will confirm your appointment with you approximately two weeks in advance.
- We will send you the link to your virtual meeting/confirm the date/time of your phone call.
- Using the material we received in advance of your appointment, your tax preparer will go through your tax return and ask clarifying questions, as well as discuss any tax issues/credits, etc.
Completing your Homework / To Do List:
- At the conclusion of your tax appointment, most clients receive what we lovingly call a “homework list” via email and on your Client Portal.
- On your Client Portal – there will be a To Do List to help keep you organized!
- “Homework” usually entails a list of documents/questions that need to be provided or answered so we may complete your return.
- The sooner you get us these answers or documents – the sooner we can finish your return!
When your return is finished…:
- We will send an email to you as soon as your tax return is complete.
- You’ll then give us a call so we can go over the bottom line (whether or not you owe) and let you know what your tax preparation fee is.
- We will email you an invoice to pay your tax preparation fees online.
- We will then send DocuSign emails so you can sign your tax returns, authorizing us to e-file for you.
- Your personal tax return copies will either be posted for you in your Client Portal on TaxDome, or you can pick up a copy at our office.